Pistachio Butter Cream Chocolate Cake
Pistachio Butter Cream
- 4-5oz Pistachio Butter (Raw or Unsalted) (1 Jar )
- 2 cups butter, softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted pistachio kernel pieces (for top of cake)
- green food coloring (optional) - gives a brighter green color
Chocolate Cake Layer
- cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Prepare Cake Layers:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line two, 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray; set aside.
Place butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar into a mixer bowl. Mix on high speed until smooth and uniform. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Gradually sift in the flour mixture into the batter with the milk; use spatula and mix by hand as to not over mix!
Divide cake batter evenly between the two pans and bake in preheated oven until tops are completely set and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove cakes from pans once baked and let cool completely on wire rack. Once cooled, slice layers in half, to have four layers total.
Prepare the Buttercream:
Into a mixer bowl, add the butter, cream cheese and green food coloring (optional). Mix until well-combined and fluffy. Add the pistachio butter gradually as well as the powdered sugar. Add less or more powdered sugar to your liking; more for a thicker buttercream.
Assemble the cake:
Add Pistachio butter cream generously between the layers. Frost the outside and smooth out top and sides. Place cake into the refrigerator and let it set for about 20 minutes.
Top cake with chopped pistachios and even chocolate pieces if you like.