- ½ cup Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Pistachio butter
- 1 tbsp Chopped Mint (Can Substitute Arugula 3 – 4 Tbsp)
- 8 – 10 good Size Basil Leaves
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Green Onion / Scallions finely chopped or julienned
- 1 Med Onion Chopped
- ¼ - ½ pound of Bacon/ Pancetta - Cooked chopped up in Pieces
- 1/3 Cup of finely shredded Pecorino Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 lbs - Orecchiette Pasta (Ear Shaped), Angel Hair Pasta (Shown In Picture), Trenette (Like Linguine) – Preference Based
In a food Processor, chop the pistachios; add the olive oil, mint, basil, pistachio butter, garlic, and pulse to combine.
Transfer to a bowl, stir in the cheese, Green onions (scallions), Salt and Pepper to taste.
Cook the Bacon/pancetta until crisp, drain on paper towel and set aside. Discard most of the Bacon Grease.
Using the remaining bacon grease (or Olive Oil), sauté the onions. Combine the onions and Bacon/pancetta with the Pesto Mixture.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain, reserving ¼ cup of cooking water.
Return the pasta to pot. Add the cooking water and the pesto mixture and cook over low heat, tossing, until fully coated and most water has evaporated.
Sprinkle with a little bit of Parmesan and now your ready to serve, ENJOY!